This article will explain the Advanced searching features of Worldox Document Management
Using the Advanced Search
To use the Advanced Search feature either use the Main Menu to navigate to the Search menu and the Advanced sub-menu.
Or you can use the Binocular Search Icon under the Main Menu.
The Advanced Search will open the Search Templates Dialog Window.
You can select from the predefined default search categories. They are available for grouping into 4 category tabs (All, Favorites, Personal and Public)
When a Search Template is opened, you will be presented with a series of fields to key into the files you wish to find. These fields may differ depending on the Cabinet Profile criteria used when Worldox was initially setup. There are a few ways to search from these fields.
1) Click on the Menu Buttons on the Left to get options related to the specific field.
2) Use the Pull-down arrows on the right side to bring up a list of previously searched records in the specific field.
Just type the information directly into the fields.
3) At the bottom of the Search template’s Find Files Window, there is a row of buttons which will perform the following functions.
- Search = Performs the search based on the criteria used.
- Back = Will take you back to the previous Search Template Window.
- Clear = Will empty all the populated search criteria fields.
- Options = Will give you further advanced options. (Explained in Detail below)
- Cancel = Will Close the Advanced Search Window and can return you to the Worldox Main Screen.
Advanced Search > Search Template > Find Files > Options
1) Previous Find = Will revert the current Search Criteria back to the Search Criteria previously used in the last prior Search.
2) Edit Templates = This option will allow you to take an existing Search Template and edit the predefined template parameters to customize the template criteria to suit individual preferences.
3) Save Templates = This option will allow the newly edited template to be saved under a new template name and provide the option to either show the template or immediately perform the search based on the template used.
4) Customize Fields = This option allows the Search Template Available and Active fields to be added, removed and re-ordered to all for more advanced Search Template customization.
5) Archive Preview = Will allow you to search and view all Archived Files within the list of Criteria used in the Find Files Window. If any such files exist, then the option to restore them will be available to users with permissions to restore them.
Post Each Results File Type Filtering
Once the main search results appear in the search list, you will also have the ability to filter the results by File type and narrow down the results even more by selecting the pull-down arrow in the Filter by Ext/Desc Field on the main screen.
Paul Comtois is a Client Support Specialist at Triella, a technology consulting company specializing in providing technology audits, planning advice, project management and other CIO-related services to small and medium sized firms. Paul can be reached at 647.426.1004. For additional articles, go to www.triella.com/publications. Triella is a VMware Professional Partner, Microsoft Certified Partner, Citrix Solution Advisor – Silver, Dell Preferred Partner, Authorized Worldox Reseller and a Kaspersky Reseller.
© 2016 by Triella Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction with credit is permitted.