Identifying the features and functions of a user’s profile page on Twitter. Users can update their page as often as they want and track the amount of activity their tweets and page(s) are receiving from their followers and other users.
User/Company Profile Page
The picture below shows Triella’s Twitter page highlighting our information and tweets. Our page will be used as an example to highlight some of the standard features of a Twitter profile page.
1) Main Menu – Consists of 4 tabs that direct users to different areas of their page and Twitter’s main menu.
- Home – Directs to Twitter’s home page
- Moments – Provides links and bulletins to the most popular news and articles currently on Twitter. News is broken down into categories such as “Today”, “Entertainment, “Sports”, etc.
- Notifications – Alerts the user that they have a message regarding one of their tweets. For example, their tweet was “retweeted”, “liked”, or “commented”, the user has gained a new follower, etc.
- Messages – Allows you to send direct messages to your followers. Similar to email, these messages only go to the intended recipient(s) and do not appear publicly on your profile page or Twitter’s home page.
2) Profile Photo – Users have the option to insert a photo into their company page. This photo will appear in the users’ tweets and correspondence through Twitter. It is strongly suggested that users include a profile photo on their page as pages without photos tend to be viewed less often by other users.
3) Counter – Refers to the status of the user’s tweets.
- Tweets – The number of tweets currently posted by the user. Will increase as new tweets are added.
- Following – The number of people, companies, etc. that the user is currently following
- Followers – The number of people, companies, etc. that are currently following the user
- Likes – The number of times that the user has “liked” someone else’s tweet or message
4) Background – Allows the user to personalize their profile account with pictures or graphics.
5) Compose New Tweet – Draft and send new tweets
6) User Information – Personalize your profile page with as much or as little information as you want. Standard profiles typically have an introductory paragraph or sentence about the user. Other information could be a phone number (for a business), location, birthday, etc.
7) Tweet Dashboard – Categorizes tweets based on the type of media, response rate, etc.
- Tweets – Shows all user tweets
- Tweets & Replies – Shows all tweets that have been replied to and shared by other users.
- Media – Shows all tweets that have pictures, videos, GIFs, articles, etc. attached to them
8) Who to Follow – Provides recommendations to users on who they should follow or connect with based on their current connections.
9) Edit Profile – Allows you to make edits and changes to any aspect of your profile (ex. background, profile picture, personal information, etc.)
10) Trends – Shows what is currently popular or “trending” on Twitter. It can list how many tweets have been posted concerning a particular subject and whether a connection is posting a tweet on a “trending” topic.
Understanding the features and functions of a Twitter profile page will help new and existing Twitter users become more knowledgeable on the social media platform and will allow them to use Twitter to its full potential.
Triella is headed to TLOMA at the end of September and we want to connect with you on Twitter! Follow and Tweet us at the tradeshow using our special hashtag #TrielladoesTLOMA for up-to-date technology news and exciting events from us at this year’s conference.
Courtney Rosebush is a Marketing and Sales Coordinator at Triella, a technology consulting firm specializing in providing technology audits, planning advice, project management and other CIO-related services to small and medium sized firms. Courtney can be reached at 647.426.1004 x 227. For additional articles, go to www.triella.com/publications. Triella is a VMware Professional Partner, Microsoft Certified Partner, Citrix Solution Advisor – Silver, Dell Preferred Partner, Authorized Worldox Reseller and a Kaspersky Reseller.
© 2016 by Triella Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction with credit is permitted.