Keyser Mason Ball, LLP (KMB) is a fully diversified business law firm with additional expertise in family law, mediation, and wills and estates. KMB equips clients with expert support that minimizes risk while finding innovative and cost-effective solutions to achieve their goals.
Client: Keyser Mason Ball LLP (KMB)
Industry: Law Firm
The Burning Platform
KMB is a thriving law firm that continues to experience year-after-year growth. This meant a recent move to a larger office and a revamp of equipment and their IT environment—all necessary to continue providing clients with exceptional legal services.
The Business Case
The firm determined that their IT provider was not up to the task of helping them achieve their technology goals. The office move seemed like the perfect opportunity to find a new IT partner that could help make the changes necessary for future success and growth.
KMB ran a rigourous selection process that resulted in the selection of Triella to become the firm’s IT partner. Controller/General
Manager, Julia Yastreb says, “Triella came as a highly referred company from other experienced Office Managers who were either
current or past clients of Triella. They also have a great service model and package that is proven to work in the legal industry.”
Julia: “We are happy that we have such a reliable and proactive service provider in Triella. They will be a core part of our growth in the future, including helping us transition to a new practice and accounting software in 2020.”
Triella delivered exceptional value through:
- Becoming KMB’s IT service provider. Since then, the number of reported problems has decreased by 75%.
- Needs analysis and consulting to recommend the best solutions to meet KMB’s needs, including modernizing the IT environment.
- Acting as the firm’s virtual CIO.
- Moving the firm’s servers to Triella’s private cloud service—TriCloud. Liaising with the old provider to ensure a seamless transition. Providing on site training on how to use the TriCloud.
- Developing new policies to enhance security and protect the overall IT environment, including two-factor authentication.
- Implementing a disaster recovery plan for technology.
- Eliminating email downtime via a business continuity plan that will be enabled if email goes down.
- Converting all email and data files to TriCloud and providing full PDF management software to all users.
- Recommending and implementing streamlined processes and procedures.
- Implementing electronic fax to the desktop.
- Implementing modern disbursement recovery.
- Transitioning from thin client computers to full computers enabling significantly enhanced functionality.
- Setting up the IT environment in the new office (cabling, boardroom setup, installing automated AV equipment, primary and backup internet services).
- Providing input into the firm’s physical security systems.