R. Robertson Insurance Brokers is a full-service insurance brokerage catering to small-to-medium sized businesses and individuals. Dedicated to providing the best coverage at the lowest price, they provide access through a variety of insurance providers to a range of insurance products. These products include property, casualty, home, automotive, and personal and business liability insurance.
Client: R. Robertson Insurance Brokers
Industry: Insurance Brokers
The Burning Platform
R. Robertson Insurance Brokers had been experiencing error messages on their computer systems for some time, and its leaders were unsure as to the implications on day-to-day functions. As well, R. Robertson Insurance Brokers wanted to look to the business’s potential future technological needs, to see whether those needs could be met by its existing computer systems.
The Business Case
The firm hoped to simplify the lives of their people and ensure everyone had access to documents, including their daily mail, from their laptops— regardless of where they were. They also wanted less duplication and a system that would allow their lawyers to spend more time doing billable work rather than looking for documents. Partner, Ian Mair, “Wanted the ability to create an online system that was similar to how the firm traditionally worked with paper.” The firm was ready to find the right provider.
Triella delivered exceptional value through:
- An assessment of existing and future IT needs (everything from servers and software to server configuration and wiring the office).
- The identification and prioritization of problems affecting the performance of the system so that the firm could work on those things that were most important first.
- A clear, concise, and thorough review and a technology roadmap for implementing the recommendations.
- High-level troubleshooting around issues that those within the brokerage never thought of, for instance, protecting critical data through a backup regime based on best practices.
- A price that is very realistic for the amount of time and energy that goes into Triella’s work and presentations to leaders.