Forgestone Capital Management LP is a private equity firm that invests in real estate development, income-producing properties and debt placement within major markets across Canada.
Client: Forgestone Capital Management LP
Industry: Private Equity Firm
The Burning Platform
Forgestone was experiencing challenges with long lag times from a cloud-based server that resulted in some programs taking far too long to open or freezing for several seconds every time the mouse button was clicked. The number of running applications was limited and would simply lock up or crash the computer if too many were in use. This was causing unacceptable delays in content delivery and had a negative impact on efficiency and morale.
The Business Case
Small businesses need their employees to be productive and this means ensuring the system is set up to work the way they work, at the speed they work, and from any location. Executive Assistant, Deborah Marinelli says: “In our small business, everyone is doing multiple tasks at any given time. The time I spent on the phone with the vendor troubleshooting issues was unacceptable. This hindered my ability to complete work for my executives, and at times would increase my work hours into the late evening, which made things even more stressful for me. Change was needed.”
Triella delivered exceptional value through:
- Recommending the best approach to meet the business needs of the firm.
- Delivering a new on-premise server platform which included security, backup, reliability, and performance.
- Migrating the firm’s data from a cloud-based infrastructure to the new on-premise server.
- Expanding the firm’s Microsoft Office 365 footprint with a new domain for all users.
- Setting up wireless access for the whole floor as one seamless network.
- Implementing Remote Desktop Services.
- Setting up a VoIP phone system.
- Setting up the boardroom with computers and Apple TV.
- Providing the above services throughout abuilding-to-building office move.
- Providing strategic and cost-saving advice.
- Preparing and implementing a business continuity plan.
- Providing seamless, responsive ongoing support.