Use Veeam Endpoint Protection to protect your devices.
If you are using a file based backup system or do not back up your computer regularly, Veeam Endpoint Backup gives you a reason to gift yourself with a reliable backup and recovery system this Christmas and into the New Year!
Veeam Endpoint Backup is free software that can be loaded onto all your PC based computers running Windows 7 through to 10. The software takes an image backup of the computer it is installed on. An image backup means that you can recover the entire computer, including all drivers in one step. With a file backup, you can usually recover all your documents except the system files associated with restoring your system which are usually not present or difficult to recover.
Why use image based backup?
- At the time of writing, image based backups are not subject to CryptoLocker style viruses.
- Use the backup before upgrading to Windows 10. If it does not go well, you can return to where you left off before the upgrade.
- If the hard disk on your computer fails and you get a replacement, you can recover up to the last backup directly from the backup.
What do you need to use Veeam Endpoint Protection?
- A USB flash drive of 1GB. This holds all the drivers and specific configurations of your system to facilitate recovery.
- An external USB drive. Typically a 2TB portable drive is sufficient to hold 4 months of data based on a 500GB hard disk in the computer. If you have larger data volumes, get a drive 4 times the size of the drive in your computer.
- Download the software from https://www.veeam.com/endpoint-backup-free.html. You will need to register to get the software.
Once installed, you can set up a schedule to backup files daily at a specific time. Just ensure your USB drive is connected to the computer and you can set and forget about backup. During installation you will use the USB Flash drive to create the initial recovery disk.
Once running a summary of the backups appears:
Veeam Endpoint Backup will be the best gift you can give yourself this Christmas!! And it is free! Who says the best things in life aren’t free?!!
Charles Bennett is the principal consultant of Triella, a technology consulting company specializing in providing technology assessments, consulting, maintenance services and CIO-related services to small and medium sized firms. Charles can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647.426.1004. For additional articles, please visit http://www.triella.com/whats-new/. Triella is a BlackBerry Alliance Partner and Authorized Worldox Reseller.
© 2015 by Triella Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction with credit is permitted.